Terrific tips to help you solve the eternal wedding-day music question.
When you have the band-versus-dj discussion, you need to think about what each has to offer before signing a contract. Jung Lee, a co-owner of Fête, a top New York event-planning firm, says, "A great dj is better than a mediocre band any day, but a live band has wonderful energy that you can’t get from recorded music." You decide which fits your party better.
Reasons to book a DJ:
• He’s affordable (dj prices start at about $500 for five hours; bands are often a minimum of $3,000)
• Will play any song you want
• Can work in small spaces without a lot of equipment
• Keeps music going during the entire party with no lull
• Is trained to choreograph the reception and make announcements
Reasons to book a band:
• They make a more dramatic presentation, with musicians, vocalists, and all those instruments
• Have unique personalities
• Their infectious energy can get people on the dance floor
• Guests who don’t dance will still enjoy watching the show
• Live music is more emotional, which is what the day is all about
Article courtesy of Brides Southern California
Next Wedding Event:
Saturday, Sept 30th, 2017
Paradise Coordinators, Inc. (dba The Wed Club & The San Diego Bridal Show) is not affiliated with any companies listed on this page. Companies listing Wedding Specials and Upcoming Events are paid advertisers only. Specials and events listed are not endorsed by Paradise Coordinators, Inc. Please contact specific companies directly for any and all questions.