Hiring a wedding coordinator should be an essential. Just as you will search for and purchase the perfect gown for your big day; the same logic should apply to hiring a coordinator. Coordinators with professional training and experience can make your wedding day worry-free and enjoyable for you, your family and your guests.
Here are 13 guidelines for hiring a wedding consultant....
1. Set a budget for your wedding.
2. Schedule an initial face-to-face consultation with a wedding coordinator.
3. Expect prompt responses to your phone and e-mail inquiries.
4. Ensure the consultant’s availability on your wedding date.
5. You should feel a good personal connection with your wedding coordinator. Be sure the coordinator understands and expresses interest in your vision for your wedding day.
6. Request to see photos or letters of reference from previous clients.
7. Decide on the level of service you will require from a wedding coordinator.
8. Interview wedding coordinators who have fees that fit into your budget.
9. Consider interviewing more than one wedding consultant.
10. Ask how long the coordinator has been in business; experience is important.
11. Ask how many coordinators will be on hand on your wedding day…one, two? Many consultants base their staffing on the number of guests attending the wedding.
12. Ask how many weddings the coordinator does each month. More than two may indicate that you will not be given the personal attention for which you have paid.
13. A member of a professional wedding association should have a great network of wedding vendors to recommend and are more likely to participate in professional development courses which keep them in tune with the latest wedding trends and etiquette.
Courtesy of Reception Perfection, LLC
Paradise Coordinators, Inc. (dba The Wed Club & The San Diego Bridal Show) is not affiliated with any companies listed on this page. Companies listing Wedding Specials and Upcoming Events are paid advertisers only. Specials and events listed are not endorsed by Paradise Coordinators, Inc. Please contact specific companies directly for any and all questions.